Dermaroller® and Dermastamp®
Clinically proven to stimulate the skin and help reduce the appearance of scarring, German engineered, Dermaroller®/Dermastamp® is a microneedling medical device which produces thousands of microscopic needle columns into the dermis of the skin. Each column is approximately 0.1mm wide and 1.5mm deep
This strategic damage to skin stimulates the repair process; which includes new skin cell regeneration, collagen formation and improved blood supply. This results in improved skin texture and volume with noticeable benefits.
Our clinic uses this microneedling technique with an additional topical natural hyaluronic acid to deeply hydrate skin for an enhanced result.
Highly recommended for:
- Sun damaged and ageing skin
- Facial and décolleté lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars
Dermapen® is a very versatile treatment which can help to improve a number of skin conditions, including:
- Acne scarring
- Large pores
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Loss of volume
- Dull skin
Multiple treatment sessions may be required for more severe skin conditions.
Frequently asked questions
Used with a topical anaesthetic cream, it is a pain-free treatment, lasting approx 20-30 minutes with same day recovery.
It can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen and the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural long-lasting enhancement.
Up to 3 microneedling treatments in 12 months may be required, depending on severity of skin damage.
- There is very little recovery time with a microneedling treatment, which is why some patients prefer this to a skin peel, which has a longer down time. Your skin will appear red/flushed for 1-2 days after treatment. This shows that it is responding to the treatment and shows the start of the healing/renewal process
- We ask patients to wear a high factor (SPF 50) mineral-based sun protection to protect your skin for the first 14 days after a microneedling treatment. This is also advisable year-round to prevent ageing, but essential for 2-4 weeks after treatment while the skin is healing.
- Avoid any active/stimulating skin preparations for a couple of days (i.e. AHA’s, retinol (vitamin A) or anything acidic)
- You will be able to apply makeup after 48 hours of the treatment.