Acne is a common skin condition that affects most people at some point. It causes spots on the skin, usually on the face, back and chest.
These spots might blackheads and whiteheads – which are often mild – or deeper, inflamed, pus-filled pustules and cysts, which in some cases, can be severe and lead to scarring.
At Barstable Medical Clinic, we can offer a number of options for acne including:
- Special antibiotic or retinol face creams
- Targeted facial treatments:
- VIP facial peel is an excellent treatment for active acne
- dermal pen is a proven intervention for reducing existing acne scarring
- Oral antibiotics (often an 8 – 12 week course is required)
- If the doctor doing your consultation feels your acne is too severe for any of these options she can provide information and suggest a referral regarding Roaccutane™ treatment